Wednesday 20 March 2013

Petrol blue & bowler


I bought this Peter Pan-collared beaut in the Jane Norman sale aeons (i.e. a year and a half) ago but never fully appreciated its petrol blue, velveteen collared splendour. Today, however, I paired it with this new chaz belt after dribbling over the Saint Laurent collection AGAIN, which gave me the impetus to put together this grumpy-little-girl ensemble in a nod to my brattish side.
Also heads up to Slimane for encouraging me to drag out a long-ignored favourite - I'd forgotten how much I love fishnets and their ability to rough up an otherwise polished look. I think this pair last saw the light of day at some point during the mid-noughties.

Roots are awful, so headwear of some description will be a mainstay for the foreseeable future.

Apologies for neglecting my customary bloggy chat. I've banned myself from 99% of social interaction/networking right now until my first dissertation draft is in. Rest assured that I'm still reading, lurking and envying all yez'impeccable style.

 
Dress - Jane Norman, boots - Eccentrix, hat - Primark, belt - charity shop.

I'm having a rare night off this evening and going to see the wonderful Laura Bates (the founder of Everyday Sexism, dontcha know) talk at the Union, so expect more wild feminist ramblings alongside the usual style fodder of my next post. Over and out!

Betti Baudelaire xxx

6 comments:

  1. I am totally borrowing/stealing that dress off you at some point missus! It's a beaut. I envy your wardrobe, I think another swap-shop venture is in order! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look bloody fantastic!!

    SAMI★SPOON

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a babe! EEEEKKK VELVET COLLARS. Good luck with your dissertation! That sounds frightening and terribly scholarly. I am sure you will do fabulously DAHLING. PS give me that dress, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this dress on you, so your colour! ;) make your eyes POP! Also obsessed with velvet atm so I am envious of you having a velvet collar waaaah! Muchos love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been missed! I gave up checking your blog for updates knowing how buys you were and have been faced with 2 beautiful blogs to read! Exiting times! your photos look better quality all of a sudden? have you had a new camera or am I just seeing things? they look bloody good though! also loving the combination of fishnets-girly dress-studded boots-bowler hat and cheeky tattoo peeping through, It's a bloody good look. much love!

    tanyarrrrr! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are flipping adorable! Love this twirly dress and the hat and studded boots complete this look SO well! I happened upon your blog and am your newest follower. I would love if you’d visit me at : the daily savant : and follow if you like! I also have a giveaway on now!

    : signe
    thedailysavant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete