Sunday 4 March 2012

Black Sabbath

Photobucket

Dear God. Despite my recent pastel mewlings, it didn't take long for me to shut my hyper-girl drawer firmly and throw myself headlong into all things Ozzy. As much as I love the candy-cane aesthetic and soft, feminine palette of this season, putting on a wickedbad pair of dark glasses and bracelets with muchos eye-gouging potential will always, ALWAYS be far more appealing.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

(Ozzy, Patti Smith, PJ Harvey)

A marathon charity haul in Bridgend with Jenny threw up a couple of bargains, my favourite being this bizarr-o striped shirt with fancy schmancy buttons and killer shoulderpads (which are sadly hidden by the jacket). It doesn't photograph all that well due to it's billowing shape but trust me, it's a winner.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Unfortunately, continuing uni madness has not allowed nearly half as much time as I'd like to crack on with the ever-growing pile of 'things to make/change' that's currently sitting on my sofa. In fact, it's left me no time at all, save for last night when I was all hyper and jittery after a whole lot of coffee and chats with Jenny and Jenny. Lesson learnt - never sit down at a sewing machine without at least a vague clue of what you hope to make. I wasted a nice bit of midnight blue velvet in my attempts to make a nice drawstring skirt, as my cavalier attitude to cutting and pinning resulted in a...a...thing so bad that Oli actually couldn't stop laughing at when I put it on. Bah.

I did get a chance to whip together the mega-cross necklace I've been 'designing' in my head whilst waiting for Oli to get out of the shower this morning. I thought it would go bloody brilliantly with these hugely tacky (and therefore AWESOME) rubber studded bands that I picked up for £1.50 yesterday.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I blame the recession, 2012 apocalypse, whatever for all this doomsday styling. But seriously, somebody needs to come and confiscate this mounting pile of goth-inspired attire and hand me a Katie Melua CD before it all gets too much and I end up like one of GG Allins groupies.

I wore this to Mother Dearest's for dindins, and was greeted by my brother.
"Yo. Why are you wearing that dickhead hat?"
Charming. I guess we all know the obvious answer to that though, as these pictures will prove *queue idiotic, badly picnik-edited shots with the 1960's effect utilised to achieve that faux-vintage look so beloved by hipsters. Shame I forgot to move the teds - I really do have a mental age of about seven.*

Photobucket
Photobucket

Bowler - Primarni
Specs - H&M
Top - Barnardos
Shorts - Scope
Necklaces - DIY and Claires

I'll leave you all with a news package that Efa and I shot and edited on Friday, partially in an attempt to prove that uni is really as hectic as I say it is, but mostly so you can all have a good laugh at my honking and hilarious uber-blinky presenting face. Adios! x

8 comments:

  1. hehe i had a good laugh with your description of the blue velvet thing, and never sitting in front of a sewing machine without having something in mind,that's so true, happens to me as well.
    keep rocking girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and just because i am a rolling in super speed i commented the moment you uploaded it.
    i know.
    i rock

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always get the same comments about my bowler hat :P I think they are amazing! aha , and the videos great you make a good presenter! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the coolest outfits MAN. I am well jell (I can't help but use that expression, I've just watched about 10 episodes of The Only Way is Essex).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind, friend! Ha, that show is EXCELLENT. Not an hour goes by over here without someone quoting directly from TOWIE. Have you watched Made In Chelsea yet? I have to switch it on every time it comes on the tellybox as it makes me retch.

      Delete
  5. love the little rocker vibe you've got going there, it suits you! I don't think you're that bad of a presenter! :P way better than what I would do, the blinking did make me laugh but that's only because I was looking out for it since you mentioned it!

    P.s. I believe I may be stalking you slightly. hope you don't mind :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all, considering you are one of the few bloggers who's posts I read religiously! Thanks for ze Facebook add by the way :) xx

      Delete
    2. no problem! :) flattered that you religiously read my posts! I think you and my sister are the only ones I read without fail!!! haha

      Delete