Sunday 18 September 2011

Smash It Up Smash It Up !!!

Photobucket

It's been another couple of uneventful days. This blog is beginning to sound like the lonely ramblings of Sally McSadSad, the eccentric cat lady who lives alone in a dilapidated inner-city terraced house watching Murder She Wrote re-runs and wearing home-knitted cardigans that smell of wee.

Oh, wait. That actually sounds quite a lot like my life at present. Minus the wee part, though my cat did miss the litter tray again yesterday. Quelle dommage.

Luckily life looks like it might start getting slightly more interesting now that I won't be working 90 trillion hours a week, as uni commences on the 22nd! Yes, somehow I managed to pass the year (pretty well, might I add) despite spending most of the year either a) drunk b) asleep or c) a blurry combination of the previous two. So, fingers crossed, I should be able to write about more than my hatred of the coffee drinking masses and flammable polyester work trousers.

I did get to squeeze in a bit of a shopping trip the other day, and my! how pleased I was with the results! Blouses galore! Chunky knits! LOAFERS! (It's probably evident I haven't had mony to spend for a while). Praise Jebus, the high street has finally sat up and taken notice of the fact that doddery pensioners are cool as fuck and had the right idea all along. Along with every female in Britain, I'm currently having a bit of a Peter Pan collar moment. Other blouses just don't seem to cut it alongside the sweetly innocent yet insouciantly cool 60's revival style. They seem to be able to give anyone instant fashion edge, and a simple cream blouse can be worn in so many ways. So I stocked up on a couple of winter versions of my blousey summer faves, pulled out my opaques from the 'retired hosiery' drawer - oh how I missed thee, 100 denier beauts - and wore it with lovely Mels' lovely cardigan. Mel, if you're reading this, you should probably force me to drop it back to your place before it starts smelling of wee.
Cue dorky pictures of me looking a bit windblown and startled. Cut the teasing, I'd just returned from the pub.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Cardigan - Topshop (borrowed from Melissa), Peter Pan collar blouse - Internacionale, skirt - Pop, loafers - New Look, freaky brooch thing - found at the bottom of my jewellery box.

No comments:

Post a Comment